Friday, October 10, 2003
Puddles Of Hair

It may be bad when it's 20-something degrees outside and you're running around like a chicken with her head cut off and no deodorant on. It may be bad when you haven't shaved for weeks and all you want to do is put on a pair of shorts and a tank top, but you can't. It may be bad when you watch the Lion King and you cry when Mufasa dies and your mascara runs in front of everyone. But nothing, NOTHING is worse than sharing a bathroom with 24 other girls.

I woke up this morning to find myself covered in a nice layer of perspiration due to the strangely warm weather we've been having recently, and decided to have a nice shower. The only problem is that all of our shower drains have been clogged and thus, they all flood (with the exception of the first stall which I have claimed to be mine). However, it seems that Heather has also claimed this shower to be hers, and was therefore using it this morning when I went in.

So I waited. And waited some more. And finally felt stupid enough sitting in the bathroom in my towel to go and use another shower. Big mistake. Not even two minutes after I turn the taps on, the water is already puddling on the floor. I manage to wash my hair, but by the time I'm done rinsing it out, the water level has risen enough to threaten to take my sandals off. I couldn't take it anymore. So I left. That's right, for the first time in my entire life, I stopped my shower and moved. Strange.

The first shower stall may have crappy water pressure, and it may be so crappy that I barely feel like the soap is washing off me, but dammit, it drains.