Saturday, October 04, 2003
Reasons To Smile

1. Dear Shirley Manh,

On behalf of the 2003-2004 hiring panel for The President's Department, thank you for your application for the position of First Year Council...After careful consideration of the qualifications of the applicants I am happy to extend and offer to you for this positon!


First Year Council, here I come! AND. Dan Herman, the President of the Students' Union and school, knows my name.
The. President. Knows. My. Name.

2. There was no fancy letter for LSFL, but I got that position too! Yay to reading to kids on Saturday mornings!

3. Baking banana bread with my boy, and then having dinner (also with my boy) at The Lotus Tea House last night.

4. Going to Element for a foam party late Friday night. Unfortunately, it was all ages so there were little prostitots dancing around, and I wasn't drunk enough to make it seem entertaining. Plus, said "foam party" was lacking in the foam so we left early, only to find out later that night that the foam came right after we left.

5. Staying up until 2am watching Dirty Dancing. "I've had the time of my life...."

6. Going shopping at Conestoga Mall (for 5 hours!) with the girls today. The day included a $10 shirt, New York Fries, 4 new CDs and my 7th reason to smile.

7. My new cowgirl shirt.