Tuesday, November 18, 2003
Finals In T Minus 2 Weeks

I feel like I'm living in Britain with the amount of rain we get here. Everything is so muddy that I have put my khakis at the bottom of my pant pile. People in residence and the bookstore have already started to decorate for Christmas and it feels extremely premature, especially since there is no snow on the ground. Even so, I couldn't resist from putting up some icicles and my mini-Christmas tree. It's not as pretty as Brittany's, what with her mini-ornaments and mini-bows and mini-garland and all, but I like the simpicity of mine. Some gold stars and a homemade snowman ornament from a friend makes feel homey enough for now.

For the first time ever, I can't think of anything that I want for Christmas. Really. I could say that I want the digicam that I never got last year, but it all seems so...greedy. I mean, I already have all the things that I need in life (get ready for the gush): a loving family, a loving boyfriend, and loving friends. What more could I ask for?

I wish the school would give relationship leaves in addition to sick leaves and maternity leaves. I mean, when you think about it, being in love is very much like being sick. You can't concentrate, get heat flashes, mumble nonsense to yourself, and want to spend the whole day in bed. I can't think of similarities between being in love and being pregnant, but either way, it'd be nice to be able to take a few months off and work it all out of your system.