Monday, November 03, 2003
How Time Flies

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear blo-og,
Happy birthday to you.

One year ago, at 5:20pm, I made my first blog post. I had an orange and pinky-purple template from Blogger, with the cheesy name of "The Dreamery" (which, at the time, I thought was pretty clever). No links, no pictures, no personal flair, no character. I'd like to think I've come a long way since then. I like my design now, and though I got a lot of help with it, I still consider it my own. I've managed to learn html enough to link and change colours and sizes and post pictures (you get the idea) and tweak things to my liking.

Why make your life public? Am I really that interesting that I feel the need to share it? Who knows? Perhaps it's simply a fad that will fade...perhaps by sharing I will discover something...learn.

I wrote that a year ago. I still haven't answered the questions, and I'm not sure if I will any time soon. I had no need at the time to keep in touch with anyone, no desire to vent about things that I couldn't say to people's faces, no opinions that I wanted to share. I still don't know anything about blogging, but I do it anyway. Just because I want to. I'm no closer to finding out who I am now than I was a year ago (though I must say, I have learned a lot along the way), so I've still got work to do. And thus I think that I'm here to stay for another little while, whether you like it or not, so you'll just have to put up with me.