Thursday, November 27, 2003
A Smile On My Face And A Bounce In My Step

I am so pumped right now. I've got adrenaline running through my entire body, and probably my eyes too because my vision is getting fuzzy. I have had three wonderful things happen to me within a span of two hours tonight. I feel pretty darn good right about now.

I got my Classics paper on The Role of Women in 5th Century Athens back today, and at the top of the page...in red...was an A+. I have to say, it was good news. A sigh of relief and contentment later, and I was on my way to my mailbox to find yet another piece of goodness.

Huzzah! My script from the Toronto Fringe Festival has arrived! I ordered it last week for only $9 and was planning on entering it into the WLU Fringe this year. Auditions for said festival were also tonight and I must say, I think I rocked their world. I read my audition piece, and then was asked to read two more for them(!). This, is a good thing. A very good thing. At the end of it, they told me that the last one was a male role, and that no guy who auditioned today read it as well as I had. *glows* Aw, shucks. He told me that I would definitely hear from him again. I think that's kind of neat.

To make things even better, on my way out, one of the co-ordinators asked me if I wanted to run the festival next year. Really? You like me? You really like me?

"Yeah, we'll get in touch with you if you're interested. You seem really enthusiastic. And yes, Shirley. Did we mention that we think you're super-awesome? We would also like you to take over the Toronto Fringe Festival and then star in your own play and become famous." It went something like that...oh, I don't care what they said, I feel great!