Monday, December 01, 2003
The Adventure To The Costume Store

2:30pm - I pick up Tim from his residence and we head off to Seams Like Magic, the local costume shop, to find me a medieval dress for the Medieval Boar's Head Dinner which is tonight.

2:45pm - Tim and I are still walking along King Street, thanking goodness for the warm weather because otherwise we'd be freezing our bums off.

2:47pm - It's been almost 20 minutes and we still haven't found the store. "I'm positive the website said it was on King Street" I say. "What number is it?" he asks. "Two hundred something...I think." He looks around. "But since we started walking, the store numbers have been declining, this one is 118. That one down there is 115...Shirley, have we been walking in the wrong direction?"

2:50pm - We stop in a Mr. Sub and ask for directions. Yes. We have been walking in the wrong direction.

3:10pm - We've walked back to where we started, and head North on King towards the store. We still don't see it anywhere.

3:15pm - We stop in a Hasty Market to ask for more directions.

3:20pm - Huzzah! We've found the store, and the sign is there to prove it. The CLOSED sign.

3:21pm - "Who the *beep beep* closes on a *beep beep beep* Sunday?!"

3:22pm - I close my mouth, apologize for wasting an hour of Tim's life and then we walk home.

I had planned to get a costume from there today, but the surprise snow storm blinded me so I didn't go. Amelia is being awfully nice and letting me borrow another one of her dresses for tonight. Looks like I'm just going to have to settle for being a regular girl.
...

Christmas Shopping Status: Started.