Tuesday, December 16, 2003
Another Turning Point

Micro-economics and calculus should hold hands, get married and take their wedding photos on a set of train tracks. While one of those Japanese bullet-trains barrels towards them. Good riddance!

At approximately one and a half hours before my last exam of the semester, I believe I spent more time watching my gerberas bloom than actually studying. Gerberas bloom really fast, did you know that? I was tired, cranky, full of doughy naan and fed up. My brain was fried to the point where if I didn't already know something, there was no hope of me learning it at all. So I threw down my books and notes and went online.

Even though I only studied for maybe a total of 3 hours the entire weekend, I think I did surprisingly well on my exam. I didn't just squeak by, I ran screaming "Wheeeeee!" the entire way. There's something about a giant 3-in-1 gymnasium filled with 700 to 800 people that doesn't scare me, and rather, excites me. If the frigid temperatures don't keep you awake, then the useless proctors walking by every minute will. Don't expect them to pay any attention to you if you have your hand up though. Holding a pen to extend the length of you arm won't help, neither will waving it around. I tried clearing my throat, coughing daintily, scraping my chair against the floor...nothing.

So after 4 months of more learning than ever before and 2 weeks worth of final examinations, my first semester at university is over. And I'm still alive! Huzzah! Though I have lost any remants of my 20/30 vision from last fall, feel rice deprived, have tripled the number of knots in my back and am severely lacking all my scruples. I feel the insane urge to get really drunk and have tons of fun and not remember anything afterwards. Let's play a game: drink as much as you can, twirl around a few times and whoever gets closest to home wins.