Saturday, December 27, 2003
More Spending

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas and a fun Boxing Day. My mother and I left our mall after an hour because we couldn't stand the crowds. I no longer have the patience to fight middle aged women for cheap clothes. I'd rather come back another day and pay more.

I continued my spending spree today and ventured to Ikea after visiting Fairview Mall. I am proud to say that I have finally eaten at the Ikea restaurant! As usual, I ordered the kiddie meal which consisted of delicious meatballs and very potato-y fries. Eating there reminded me so much of being in the dining hall at school. You have to line up, get a tray and your cutlery, choose a drink and order your food (unless it's a prepared sandwich or salad) and then head off to the cashier to pay. You even have to clear your own table which is more like school than ever. It was the most interesting dining experience and I appreciate their attempts at keeping costs to a minimum.

There's something so intimidating about the words FINAL SALE NO EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS stamped onto a receipt or said to you by even the nicest, most docile salesperson. The finality of it all scares me a bit and always makes me rethink my purchase.