Sunday, January 04, 2004
Back to Basics

I feel like I'm 7 years old. "But I don't WANNA go back to school!!!" It's not like I was dragged kicking and screaming back to res, I like living here, I really do. I just do not want to start school and have all that work and stress piled on me all over again. And it really feels like I am starting afresh because this place is semestered. After 5 years in a full-year, non-semestered system, the idea of exams in December and new classes in January is completely foreign to me. It's all so intimidating, the knowledge that I need to start making new friends all over again. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to get to know more people (especially since most of the girls on my floor just went out to smoke weed, which isn't really my kind of thing), but I can't help but admit that I'm really just lazy and sometimes I want to be anti-social. I know that this will be healthy for me, meeting and hanging out with 3-D lifeforms, I guess I'll just miss the friends I made in my old classes and will definitely miss seeing them around so often.

I feel like I'm 4 years old, standing in front of the doorway that leads into the Kindegarten classroom with my father, desperately wishing for some sudden disaster to shake the very foundation upon which our feet stand all so that I won't have to go to school. Well, here it is. New month, new year, and a new term full of new classes, professors, people and opportunites. Oh yes, the new opportunities. Here's to a good one.