Friday, February 27, 2004
Breakfast Equals Not Bullshit

I've never really been a picky eater; I'm Asian, I've eaten it all. From strange Eastern fungi to chicken feet to duck heart and more, I've been there, done that and got the t-shirt. But when it comes to breakfast foods, don't mess with me, please. It makes me upset. My friends have been talking about breakfast at Harvey's for ages now, and having only eaten it once back in August, I couldn't really remember how good it was. Jason wanted to go this morning so I figured, why not.

I now have serious beef with Mr. Harvey.

"I'd like the breakfast combo please. Eggs sunny-side up, brown toast and a tea."
"I"m sorry, we don't have brown toast or tea."

So I'm slightly miffed.

"Okay, white is fine and I'll have an orange juice."
"Sausage or bacon? Hash brown or home fries?
"Sausage and homefries please."

Our meals come about 15 minutes later, with all the butter on the toast concentrated in the middle, making the already unappetizing and constipating white bread all soggy. One of my biggest pet peeves is uneven buttering. It bugs me. Up the wall. Now I'm even more miffed. The sausage is a hamburger patty and the home fries are chunky potato wedges, like the kind you get with pizza. "What kind of breakfast is this?" I thought. Soon after, the one yolk that I hadn't touched yet begins leaking all over the plate. "It's coming from underneath! How did that happen?" Jason's eggs were flipped over and fried, even though he ordered them over-easy. Later, I find out that we were supposed to get jam with our toast in addition to the uneven butter. I'm past miffed. I'm VERY miffed. Vexed, if you will.

"This isn't breakfast!" Jason cried, "This is bullshit!"

Mr. Harvey, you've disappointed me. Breakfast is supposed to be the best meal of the day! What have you done to it?! Ugh, I'm never eating breakfast there again.