Friday, February 06, 2004
Brekkie: Cereal With My Raisins

Breakfast has got to be my favourite meal of the day. I have yet to find a breakfast food that I don't like. You name it, I'll eat it; eggs fried, sunny-side up, over easy, scrambled, benedict, poached. Crunchy buttery and jammy toast, tasty taters, hash browns, fatty suasages and greasy bacon. Waffles, Belgian or not. Well, maybe not porridge or oatmeal, because it's boring. But even I can have a boring breakfast. Like cereal. Like this morning.

I have this jumbo box of Corn Flakes that my mother bought because she wanted me to eat healthy. It just sucks that healthy also means tasteless sometimes. If I'm desperate, I'll eat a plain bowl of Corn Flakes and milk. But today I was lucky for my lovely boy bought a bag of raisins and left it here last week. In go the Corn Flakes into the bowl, and a couple handfuls of raisins. "Mmm...more raisins." I thought. "This cereal is so boring it definitely needs more raisins." I add milk and I eat. I ran out of Corn Flakes long before I ran out of raisins. I even ran out of milk and I still had raisins sitting in the bottom of my bowl. Milk soaked raisins aren't too bad, but I've definitely found a breakfast food that I don't like.