Thursday, February 12, 2004
Say It Aint So

2004 is not off to a good start. I came back to school after the holidays with a terrible cold, kept it for two weeks and then got better. And now, somehow, I manage to get sick again! Apparently, this is no regular cold, this is viral URI (Upper Respiratory Infection). This if course, comes from the lovely doctor lady at Health Services who gave me four Tylenol Cold pills and bid me good day. Actually, she didn't even bid me good day, she just said, "Okay Shirley, you're all done here." If she was the one who told me I had viral URI, why in the world would she just give me cold pills? And she didn't even tell me to gargle with warm salt water, even though I told her my throat hurt every time I swallowed. Good thing I know to do that on my own.

So here I am, two weeks after I get better and I'm back to coughing, congestion headaches and blowing my nose with university toilet paper. Not cool. Residence is so gross, the perfect breeding ground for all kinds of illnesses. You get sick, you get better, what you had gets passed around the building and by the time it makes its way back to you, the sickness is a totally different strain! I'm so glad to be heading home tomorrow for Reading Week, maybe the building can finally clear itself of whatever germs are floating through the ducts.