Monday, March 15, 2004
Is This Why Mondays Suck?

I have a UTI. Again. I feel like I'm 2 years old and can't control myself. Being 19 years old, and having had previous control over my bladder, this really sucks.

So off to the pharmacy I go, prescription in hand. I'm sorry, did I not introduce myself? Hello, my name is Shirley and I live in the land of FREE HEALTHCARE!!! So would someone please explain to me why in the world I am not covered by BOTH of my parents' health plans?! Freaking Ontario and their stupid Sunlife insurance company. You've given me trouble before, so I whipped out the debit to pay you in full and sent in all my student ID to prove to you that I am indeed a full-freaking-time student twice(!) and STILL, you don't have me on record as a STUDENT despite the sending of my STUDENT ID TWICE???

How can I not be registered as a student when I sent my info in during Reading Week just a month ago? I went through a very long and VERY arduous process to get my status changed to 'Student' when I FIRST turned 19 and had my coverage cancelled for the FIRST time. WHY am I not covered AGAIN?!! These freaking PEOPLE and their STUPID SYSTEM! I turned 19 ONCE and changed my status then! I had to go to my guidance office and get them to write a letter, and seal it and do a bunch of crap and then off it went to my mother who had to hand it in to the mean receptionist lady at the front desk becuase they wouldn't let her inside just to deliver a letter and THEN I had to wait 2 WEEKS for it to go through because they were obviously too busy to change the letters from ADULT to STUDENT so I could get my meds without paying an arm and a leg and remain ILLNESS FREE. I mean, these PEOPLE (becuase if they were animals doing this to me I would understand a bit more), do they really want me to keep my urinary tract infected and ruin my life in the process or do they want me to become poorer than poor by paying full price for these pills when I SHOULD be covered because we live in ONTARIO land of free health care and thus ruin my life as well? So now I have to find some 1-800 number to call and complain. Thank goodness the people at the pharmacy were nice otherwise I might've cried.

*enter huge exasperated SIGH here*

To make matters worse, the chai tea I got at the cafeteria this morning was terrible.