Saturday, April 10, 2004
I Do Not Like

- the smell of food on my clothes

I've never complained about the cafeteria; not the food, not the hours, not anything about eating there. Until I started noticing that it made me smell. I can't for the life of me understand how it happens (the space is large and well ventilated enough I think), and especially/only to me, because I certainly do not get the sense that others smell like stir fry. As if I'm not already concerned about the way I smell on a regular basis, now I have to carry a bottle of Febreze around with me? And it is noticeable. I walked into biz lab one day after having dinner at the caf, and Fraser (who sits beside me) promptly sniffed the air and asked, "What smells?"

- letters that are not from friends

I never thought I'd actually say "I despise opening letters". Time for a change of mindset. After four, count 'em, four rejection letters (and one rejection e-mail), how could I not say that? It seems that no one wants me to work for them, or even volunteer my time with them. Now there's a blow to the good ol' ego, having people tell you that not only do they not want anything about you, they don't even want your time. No, I'm not riding the bitter bus, I'm driving the damn thing. Well, being the foolish optimist that I am sometimes, I suppose this is the time to find that silver lining. Being rejected for all these volunteer positions on campus next year will give me more time to concentrate on school work and find other interests.

- exams

Well, obviously. No one likes exams, but you can't compete with my crappy exam schedule. I have four of these things in the next week. Four. How in the world is that fair? Everyone else I know has at least three weeks to write their four or five finals. Mine are all clumped into a four day period. In combination with the aforementioned rejection letters, I think the school is trying to get me to leave or something. It is apparent that they do not like me very much.