Sunday, April 04, 2004
It's Just Water

It's the end of the school year and in 2 weeks I have to move out. It hasn't quite dawned on me yet...and I know that moving out will be hard on me, because this building has become a real home to me. So much so that I walk around barefoot. In my room, in the lounge, hallways, up and down the stairs (I have to be careful so I can avoid the mud etc.), other floors and

even

in

the

bathroom.

That's right, I go barefoot in my communal bathroom and I'm proud. Flip flops are okay, but I don't really like using them. Shower shoes? What a silly idea. You walk down the hall afterwards and they make those squish-squish sounds. I mean, I shower barefoot in public showers at the pool, so why wouldn't I do it here? If there is a good reason for me to start wearing something on my feet in the bathroom, it happened a few days ago.

So there I am, in the bathroom, barefoot and heading for one of the stalls. I open the door, step inside, and step into something wet.