Wednesday, April 21, 2004
Now That School Is Over

I've become a major geekosaurus. My lovely boy is convinced that I'm weirder than ever, so much so that I'm no longer 'weird' but 'weord'. Which is fine by me.

I'm now carrying my camera around with me everyday, even if I'm just going to rent a movie at the local Blockbuster and don't end up snapping a single shot. I take pictures of piles of dishes, fire hydrants, random buildings and my room keys before I handed them into my Don. I'm starting to build up quite a collection, a small sample of which can be found at my Squarespace account. It's a very small sample. I'm working on it slowly, but now that I'm off school I'll have tons of time to sit here and fiddle.

Which brings me to reason (why I'm a huge geekosaurus) number two: I like my computer. I like sitting in front of it...fiddling. Organizing photos, chatting on MSN, blogging, configuring etc. I never thought I would be like this, I really didn't. But the creative element to this activity - which is so terrible for my eyes - is very enticing and draws me towards it no matter what I try to do to escape. To make my addiction worse, I recently downloaded Skype and now I'm online even more talking to people far away for free, while doing my blog run and blogging myself of course. Case in point: it's 3am and here I am.

There is no reason number three. I am, and always have been, a majorly flaming geekosaurus and am proud to say that I most likely always will be. I mean, I'm choosing to take another course this summer. *gasp* Yes, I want to learn when I don't have to. (Actually, I do have to; the course is now a grad requirement since I switched majors.) I like books and generally geeky things like watching French movies (subtitled of course).

And I think blogging, plus my refusal to leave it, makes me an even bigger geekosaurus.