Sunday, May 23, 2004
Family Fun

I don't think I give my boy enough credit for his bravery. He dares to do a lot of crazy crap every now and then, but today, he did what no other boyfriend has ever done.

Jason spent the entire day (and night) with my family.

And he's still alive! Huzzah! My mother wanted me home for the long weekend and was a bit disappointed when I told her it would make more sense for me to stay in Waterloo to work and earn some moola. But then she reminded me that I had a doctor's appointment, so back home it was. She had invited the boy to dinner too, and even though he tried to use the "I'm working" excuse, he still ended up beside me on the bus home. Which was fine by me because I've had many a meal with his family, and he only one with mine (in an enitre year too!).

It was a bit awkward at first because he ended up coming to the doctor's office and went grocery shopping for a watermelon too. But after my brother's girlfriend and younger cousins came over, all was well. It was a fairly PG evening, with photo albums, goofing around, a game of Monopoly, card tricks and lots of laughter. It means a lot to me that he actually wanted to come over, and it makes me feel really nice knowing that my cousins like him a lot and my parents don't mind him too much either.