Tuesday, June 01, 2004
All By Myself

I have been 20 years old for a whole month. Not an exciting month at all, unless you count the times that I have been called "Miss" or "Ma'am". I can take Miss, but Ma'am? Why would anyone call me ma'am, even if it is over the phone? This reminds me of the time in Grade 8 when I called one of my girlfriends for the first time. She said I scared her becuase I sounded like our teacher. I didn't know whether to go power-tripping or be offended.

I have also almost run out of food (which can be considered exciting I guess), but it makes no sense to go grocery shopping now with only 3 days left in this city anyway. I have two apples, an orange, a small carton of milk and whatever food Jason can steal for me from camp. It's 6pm right now, nearing dinner time and I wonder what I'm going to do to calm my hungry tummy. I refuse to spend money and buy food because I am working for a vacation and summer fun, not food. Must make something edible...with apples, orange and milk. Oh, and half a tub of Pralines n' Cream ice cream.

Is this what living on my own is going to be like when school starts again?