Monday, June 07, 2004
Vacation On The Brain

...so much that I barely studied for my Distance Ed online midterm today. Due to my wonky work schedule this past month, I was 3 weeks behind in readings (this is after the Prof took a weeks worth of material off the test), and had to basically learn everything this afternoon. I am definitely not built for this school thing anymore.

- I had planned to get up at 8-ish and study until a couple of hours before the exam started. That way I could relax a bit and review. I was desperately reading right up until the dang thing started.

- I used up the only highlighter I bothered to unpack, and the one I stole from my brother, so I ended up using a marker. At least it was yellow.

- I have the attention span of a tablespoon. I found myself re-reading sentences and paragraphs up to 4 times over because I had either forgotten what I read or just plain forgot whether I had already read it or not.

- For some unexplainably lazy reason, I didn't bother cleaning off my desk which meant that I had to read on my bed. My soft, comfortable bed. Two naps.

- The headboard of my bed is also a bookshelf. Enough said.

Despite my horrid study skills, I think the exam went quite well. I had receieved a warning earlier saying that I wouldn't have enough time to look up answers in the books, which was slightly disconcerting, but I did it anyway. Halfway through, I realized that my room was terribly hot and humid causing me to sweat profusely, and that my stomach was reminding me that had not eaten any lunch. Being hot, sweaty, hungry and stressed out does not make for a happy exam writer.

After I clicked on Finish with 1 second to go, I breathed a huge sigh of relief. And then had to decide whether to shower or eat. Well, only one option allowed to me to get naked and wet, so I went for the shower. After wrapping my clean, not-so-sweaty-self into a plushy bathrobe, I had to decide whether to eat or blog.

...
And now I have to go eat.

(And then pack for my trip!!!)