Wednesday, August 18, 2004
Airport Series II: Hong Kong

Bright lights at Hong Kong International Airport.

It's not even 10am and this day has gotten off to a wonderful start! Yesterday, Jason was lovely enough to drive me back to campus for a job interview with Career Services. The position is simple, I'm an Assistant really, just helping out with paperwork, answering phones and questions, that sort of thing. But I really, really wanted it. I wore my most professional outfit, with my shirt tucked in and a pair of sensible, albeit uncomfortable, shoes. After nearly an hour of questioning, typing and proofreading tests, I went back home to work with tea.

After work, I listen to a message left on the answering machine. It's from Career Services. They called at 1:45pm. What could they possibly want with me merely 3 hours after my interview? It's 9:30pm, I'll call them back tomorrow.

This morning, while still rolling around in bed, sleeping of course, the phone rings.

Dear goodness, it's 8-freaking-30 in the morning, what the heck could anyone --

(Sweetly) "Hello?"

They offered me the job.

Bodily status
Mouth: Open
Insides: Jumping
Foot: In the door

Wahoo!

Annnnnnd. I got an A+ in my Anthropology course!

Wednesday mornings rock.