Saturday, August 28, 2004
Scene From A Boat


A rusty anchor from Nha Trang, Vietnam.

Isn't rusting just the coolest natural phenomenon ever? It looks just like the waves in the water.

Two more shifts and my days of being a Victorian tea maid are over - for the summer. The family has expressed much interest in having me back for the winter holidays as they may need help at the restaurant again and for sure, they will want to employ my gift-basket making skills at the mall. Because, boy, am I skilled. Give me a bunch of merchandise and some cellophane and I will make a gift like nobody's business. I'm glad they want me back because I love working for them; you really can't find better people to be your employers.

I've been spending most of my time packing recently thus making possible the move of half my stuff up into my new bright green room just 4 minutes from campus. The other half sans computer will go tomorrow and finally, I will part with my comp on Tuesday.

And then a week off! Without school, without work, without parents and other distractions. Just me and the boyfriend in Louisville, KY and Chicago, IL for a week before we get too stressed out to see each other. Does anyone have suggestions as to things that are worth our time and moola in either city? Cheap hostel info would also be greatly appreciated.