Thursday, September 23, 2004
Feeling Sad


A beautiful temple in Da Lat, Vietnam.

I think that one of the worst things in the world is that sad, melancholy feeling that just gets you down. Way down. It sits deep under your skin so that you can't really get at it and make it go away. It's that stupid stupid ache, the one that makes me drag my feet on the sidewalk and sit at home alone with Mr. Bean on a Friday night.

I'm managing to have fun with some friends and even enjoy work, but every happy moment just seems like a giant band-aid that gets ripped off when I get home. And the worst part is, I sound like I'm in the middle of some hormone-y teenage soap opera (case in point: dumb band-aid analogy). First I blamed PMS, now I'm blaming stress, but classes just started and if this is the first couple of weeks, then the rest of the year is definitely not looking up.

Something to look forward to: The Sprint technician knocking on the door because this will = a working phone line, which will = me calling my girlfriends to go out for lots of fattening ice cream.