Wednesday, September 15, 2004
Taking Care Of Business

It turns out that I'll be getting internet at my new house next Tuesday(!) and then phone the day after(!!). Communicating with the outer world has been very difficult the past few days.

Countdown to internet: too long
Countdown to phone: too long + 1

I'm settling into my new place slowly. My room still needs lots of work and we still have some house-y things to establish. Like do not use the dish towel to wipe your hands and do not wash Shirley's non-stick pan with the hard-bristled scrubby-thing.

I started using new shampoo since I've moved in too, some wild strawberry stuff. I thought that, combined with my cantaloupe/melon conditioner, I'd come out the shower smelling like a fruit salad. However, it seems that some strange chemical reaction is taking place between the two products and I come out of the shower smelling not like some delicious fruity melange, but like a wood fire.

Hrm. I thought I might be able to come up with something witty and funny about smelling like a wood fire, but I'm not so sure there is anything witty and funny or remotely attractive about smelling like burning.