Tuesday, September 21, 2004
What My Housemate Really Thinks Of Me

I've figured out that the best way to make me feel better when I'm generally down in the dumps is to sit around with my housemate and her boyfriend and talk and laugh.

Housemate: Hey, how are you feeling?
Me: Eh.
Housemate: Wanna talk?
Me: Nah, I think I'm okay....
Housemate's Boyfriend: Hey Shirley, wanna a rum n' coke?
Me: Oh god YES.

And having a few rum and cokes in our hands helps too.

I didn't bother doing any reading that night, but it was definitely time well spent. We all got to know each other better, which is a good thing considering we're living together now (her boyfriend might as well start living with us since he spends more time at our place than he does at his own).

During this little get-together over the weekend, we got to talking about celebrities (because the housemate's boyfriend looks like Ron from the Harry Potter movies). This conversation of course, took place after we had imbibed the alcohol.

Me: Y'know, it sucks that I don't look like a celebrity.
Him: Well, you could look like a Chinese famous person.
Her: Who's a famous Chinese person?
Me: I could look like Lucy Liu!
Him: Lucy Liu? Nah, I don't think you look like Lucy Liu.
Her: Yeah, me neither. She's pretty!
Me: o_O

Thank goodness I was tipsy, otherwise it would not have been funny. We all laughed over it, I got chip n' dip all over my chin and we now have an inside joke to share.