Wednesday, November 17, 2004
Solving Problems In The Wildest Ways



Alright, so he spilled the beans first. And so did some other friends. Boy, news sure does get around fast. I told myself that I would wait to post about it because I have this huge ass assignment due tomorrow that I haven't started yet. But the wait is killing me, so I figured I might as well. I won't be able to concentrate on my paper anyway.

So through all the sporadic posting recently, Jason and I have gone through hell and high water (is that the right saying?). Things got personal and it was a very up and down time for the both of us, I figured it wasn't right to put it all online. Yes, we did break up, and then we wanted to be friends, and then we got back together and then we broke up again and the whole cycle repeated itself. It was a very, very trying time. And I have to admit, there were some moments when I thought that we were finally done for. Our souls had suffered enough, he deserved better, I couldn't do this anymore, and on and on. But even so, deep deep down inside, I had this feeling that no matter what happened to us we would be okay. If it sounds foolish and naive, then I guess that's the kind of gal I am. And well, we really are okay now.

We've known each other for 6 and a half years, dated for 1 and a half of those years and have been living our relationship for a while now thinking that we're going to spend our futures together. I asked him one day, "If you could change anything about me, what would it be?"

"Your last name."

So if you don't know already (which is difficult since this is spreading like a wildfire out there), here's the thing you've all been waiting for me to say: Jason asked me to marry him. And I said yes.

We're engaged!!

It happened during a very rough time in our lives, and yes, we're both still young. But I don't think that we need to wait a few more years, or until we stopped fighting to know that we want to spend the rest of our lives together. We know that now. If we can put up with each other in times like this, and work through all these problems, I can only see things going up from here. Honestly people, through all the crap that's been going on, we're still here. Together. A little banged up, but still good.

The story of how we met, became friends and eventually fell in love is long, complicated, and makes me smile every time I think about it. It's one of the main reasons why I believe in fate at all. Jason told the story well here, and I might get into it eventually, but let's just say that 6 and a half years is really hard to sum up into one itty bitty post (yes, I know he managed to do it).

But for now, since I have this paper looming over my head, all I have to say is this: To the Boy that I met on the bus, I love you and I can't wait.