Monday, January 17, 2005
Damn My Need For More Than One Anything

The bad thing about keeping keys in your pocket is when you have more than one set of pockets. I have two sets of pockets because I have two coats. One red and fancy, one black and regular. I have one set of keys. One, essential set of keys.

This morning as I put on my regular, black school coat, my keys were (unbeknownst to me) sitting in the pocket of my fancy, red, weekend coat. So after class today, I sat outside my house for more than half an hour in the freezing Canadian cold, (without a hat because I decided it wasn't cold enough to wear it this morning - I was wrong) waiting for someone to come home and open the door for me.

No one came home.

At least, not during the half hour that I sat outside the front door on an overturned recycling bin staring at the footprints I had left on the steps.

Note to self: Keep keys in your purse from now on.

Second note to self: You have five purses.

Hrm. This is going to get tricky.