Thursday, January 06, 2005
The Little Things



Gosh, I wish I could be inspiring. Instead, I am constantly enthralled by little things that I find around me. Like this plastic rice bowl and a pair of green chopsticks. I liked the green so much that my family and I went to all the kitchen stores (really, they were more like stalls) in the crowded, Vietnamese markets and found a pack of 10 for about $1 CDN. I haven't opened them yet. I still like them, I just don't use them.

I hope that won't necessarily be the case for the next little piece that I came across just last night. It's an old horoscope from a magazine in Welland, Ontario.

Please repeat the following health-giving affirmations until you are totally committed to carrying them out:

In the next seven days, I will wash no dishes, do no laundry, and make no beds. I'll devote myself to exploring every clue, throb and blip that captivates my imagination. I'll lower the barrier between my conscious and unconscious minds. I'll follow the smells I like. I'll listen closely to my body. I'll be kind to nobodies. I'll be wildly peaceful, fiercely tender, and brilliantly sensitive. I'll actually kiss the earth. I'll listen to music that awakens unfamiliar emotions. I'll call out to the night sky, 'I defy you stars.' And unless I can give my whole heart, I won't offer it at all.