Sunday, January 09, 2005
Nerding It Up


Someone said that they don't like photos with this sun-glare/streak effect thingy. Personally, I don't mind them, but I'm wondering what you think. Yay or nay?

I'm feeling a little light-headed right now because I've spent the last few hours reading sociology texts...it's the first weekend of the term and already, I'm nerding it up.

My nerdiness was fed by my Friday afternoon adventure to our campus Bookstore to buy all the books that I couldn't borrow or buy used. Five puny, paperback books no more than 400 pages each ended up costing me an obscene $322. Who knew a 182 page book on Chinese Religion could cost $75? So very angry and broke, I went home and searched online at Chapters and Alibris for hours and found all my books at much lower prices. In the end, with shipping included, I'm only spending about $176 and saving nearly $150 of my hard earned student money. Never have I been so happy to buy textbooks before! When my orders were confirmed, I actually squealed and did a little I-just-ordered-my-books-online-for-so-much-cheaper dance.

Students, beware of your campus Bookstores! Go online and spend a bit of time searching ISBNs and it will undoubtedly be worth it in the end. Plus, you get to feel grown-up because you're using a credit card and then receive neat packages in the mail! (Obviously my favourite parts in the whole book ordeal.)