Tuesday, February 15, 2005
The Positive

I was chatting with a friend last night and after the usual, How are you doing? question asked with their head cocked to a side, their eyes full of pity and their lips curled into a sympathetic smile, he asked if there was anything new and positive in my life.

Why yes, yes there is.

I told him about Fr!nge and how my play was great and how it was so great that we won awards, myself being awarded Best Supporting Actress. I told him that I was selected to be an MC for Culture Shock*, the multi-cultural festival that's on stage tomorrow night and then, I auditioned for the Vagina Monologues (hopefully it went well enough for them to want me in the show again this year).

I thought more to myself...I'm also going to Guelph in a few days to see Tegan & Sara in concert and while I'm there I get to visit old friends that I haven't seen since high school. And look at that, they're are all interested in seeing me too (thus proving that I'm not totally weird and un-likable). I suddenly feel popular and wanted and excited and alive again because I'm busily trying to make plans; who am I going to see, when am I going to see them, how am I going to have enough to time to see all these people?! It's great.

I took a nice long walk on Saturday when it was sunny and beautiful. I discovered a lovely tea shop like the one back home, an art store and a fantasticly gorgeous restaurant that I must visit soon. On Sunday I spent nearly 7 hours in a cushy armchair, sipping Chai, talking, laughing, eating deliciously over-priced wraps, making faces, choking on cinnamon, and licking whipped cream off spoons.

I'm reading a book that I really like right now. I have great music to listen to and because of my circumstances right now a lot of the lyrics really speak to me, especially T&S, which is one of the reasons why I'm uber-excited to see them on Thursday night. After reading my blog, my roommate decided to start one of her own. I met Helen, and right away she told me that I was great in Fr!nge and that I was beautiful. She made me smile.

Things are okay, things are almost good again.

While the positive can make things a little brighter for a little bit, I still sigh a little on the inside when I think about the fact that I walked home alone in the rain tonight.

Oh what, I know this post was about the positive but can't a girl whine for a little bit more? The fact that I even wrote this post is mind-boggling considering I've spent way too much time reminiscing about our time in Ottawa last year for V Day, and how my socks kept his feet warm on the ride home.

*Yeah, not so much anymore. I couldn't get the time off work so I had to back out of the show at the last minute, much to the chagrin of the committee. I hope they don't hurt me. BUT the positive side to this is that I get 2 extra hours to work on a big paper for class.