Tuesday, March 08, 2005
Feeling Sassy

I want to do strange things like get a tattoo and buy a pair of fairy wings and run around with them and take photos of the adventure.

I told Chris last night that I was happy and in an excellent mood. He asked if I had a date or something. I laughed. No, I didn't have a date and like we both agreed, I don't need a date to be in a good mood. I don't know why I was so happy yesterday, but I've been like that a lot lately. The sun's been out (except for dreary yesterday) and listening to Alanis is keeping that bounce in my step. On Friday I went to the museum and sang karaoke, on Saturday I danced, on Sunday I had a girls' night in with Austin Powers, PJ pants and loads of junk food.

I got a midterm back today on which I received 100% (w00t) and then had lunch with Mark who has curly hair and the prettiest green eyes with flecks of hazel. We chatted about movies and Indian food; he wears a gorgeous ring made from abalone and I cringe at his sunglasses. Tanya and I have long chats about boys and we giggle over our old flames and potential new ones. Our eyes open wide as we share stories and secrets. We laugh, she gasps and tells me I'm bad. I will take Chris to try strange foods on Friday and he will eat spicily and cry like a girl. I will most likely laugh and then we will share cookies.

It's a beautiful day outside (but the wind is so sharp it feels like it will peel your face off) and my uppity mood is only being pecked at by this essay looming over my head. It's due tomorrow and though I barely know what I'm doing, I know that it will get done and things will be fine in the end. Optimism to the rescue again.