Wednesday, March 30, 2005
Home For A Rest


Tour Managing can be fun!

I am home. I am tired, but I am home. My four day weekend in Quebec felt like it was much longer than four days; by mid-evening on the first day my mind was already full of history and touristy type information. But after all that, I am feeling better about the job I am about to do in a month and if you ever need to know anything about Quebec City or Montreal, I am The Gal to ask.

During the fours days I realized the following:

I cannot for the life of me get up at 6:30 in the morning and go to bed at 1:00 in the morning for three nights in a row and still be chipper.

I like anything stone. Buildings, roads, colours (like stone-blue). It'd be cool to have a name like that, Stone. Mmm, sounds hunky.

I am a sucker for red.



And churches (they always seem to be the prettiest buildings around).



And French architecture in general.




The cities are gorgeous and I'm excited to be heading back soon. The old parts of town are wonderfully preserved and they have lovely European flair.

A fun new band named The Breakfast is out there. I saw them at a bar called Le Swimming while in Montreal (yes, we made time to go out and have fun). The name still makes me think...of all things, Le Swimming? Does that sound better in French or something?

The Quebecois are excellent bread makers, maple syrup extracters and fruit lovers. Mmm...fresh food that doesn't come from a freezer box. Wonderbread and canned fruit will never be the same.

The phrase "like a bat out of hell" can be hilarious when used at the right time by the right person.

During the four days while I was gone, I ate at McDonalds twice and had a McFlurry both times (the Caramel Oreo Cookie Crunch comes highly recommended).

While having a traditional Quebecois dinner one night with a live band and all, I actually got up to do some type of dance that goes with fiddles and drums and tambourines and I honestly felt like I was in that scene from Titanic where Rose dances below deck. Except I didn't have a pretty dress on and the people weren't Irish. And nothing was really similar...except that I was having fun like she was.

I love crepes. Crepes everywhere!

French is incredibly sexy. Hearing boys speak French makes me swoon. Stick him in a suit, add spray of cologne and you won't be able to get me off him.

I am small but fast. Yours Truly won the Easter egg hunt on Sunday morning. My prize was a two pound bag of Easter eggs. My roommates now love me (more than they already did of course).

I had absolutely no urge whatsoever to check my e-mail or use the internet while I was gone. Really! I got in late on Sunday night and after swapping stories with Tanya, I gave in. After filtering through all seventy-one messages I did the blog surfing thing. Not as hooked as I thought, but still hooked.