Wednesday, March 02, 2005
Prepare For Whining (With Some Silver Lining At The End)

I'm beyond stressed.

I haven't done course readings for a month, I'm missing class leftrightandcenter, I've written one of three papers that are due this week and though I've been given extensions on the other two, I'll be researching and writing non-stop until next Thursday. If my luck keeps up I'm sure there will be something else due after that. I hate essays and prefer midterms. I miss the long gone days of 'projects'.

I auditioned and got a part in the Vagina Monologues (yay!) so there's rehearsals for that to add to my schedule. Training for the new job this spring involves learning the history of Ottawa, Montreal and Quebec and being quizzed once a week - it feels like I'm taking an additional history course now!

In the last two days I've eaten an English muffin, 2/3 of a cucumber, a cup of peach slices, my last Fishermen's Friend, 2 Michelina's frozen entrees, 2 nectarines and 2 Advil Cold & Sinus pills. I'm also sipping Robitussin out of the bottle. What? The spoons are all the way downstairs.

Highlights to keep in mind lest I pull my hair and, screaming, jump into bed to hide for a week:
- Most of the things I'm doing are fun and fairly enjoyable
- I got invited by the people at work to some Emerging Leaders Dinner
- The illness, after 20 hours in bed, is starting to go away
- I'm having breakfast with the Dean of Students tomorrow (my friend won a raffle and his prize was to switch places with the Dean for a day, so naturally he scheduled the Dean to have breakfast with me...do real other universities do this?)
- I'm on an Alanis kick and her music keeps me sane to and from school
- When I opened the door for Mikey D today, he greeted me with, "Hi friend!"