Saturday, March 05, 2005
Singlehood

I've decided that being single would be best under the following conditions:

- I'm in my mid-twenties
- I've got a great job that I love
- The weather is always sunny and beautiful
- I make lots of money at said great job
- Tons of fun auditions for various dramatic type things are always a part of my schedule
- I live in a spacious, fantastically decorated apartment/loft (with or without neato roommates)
- Apartment/loft is situated in downtown Toronto or other uber-metropolitan area
- I've got a few really good girlfriends
- And a couple cute boy-friends wouldn't hurt
- I get to spend free time at art galleries and the ROM (when it's not under construction)
- Jazz/fusion/electronica/funk is playing in the background
- My friends and I live like people do on TV shows

People have been asking me a lot, "So how does it feel to be single?" It doesn't feel any different really...life is pretty much the same, but happier almost. I'm keeping busy with random things, random people, the mix of which ends up being pretty darn fancy. It's gorgeous outside, I'm in a good mood, I just had a fun audition for a film, I finally bought milk; things are good. I'm listening to miles_gurtu right now and this kind of music (they call it electronica, but I like jazz-fusion) always makes me bounce a bit. It also totally makes me feel chic and sophisticated enough to live in the city and throw/go to fancy parties until I settle down with kids and all. Too bad that lifestyle is way out of my reach (and exists only on TV - boo). But who says I can't have a good time anyway?