Sunday, April 10, 2005
Wrap Up


The cast of The Vagina Monologues ver. 2005, WLU style.

I don't know why I'm the only one who's trying to look stupidly seductive in that photo - I seriously thought we were all going to do it.

We sold chocolate vaginas at the show and I really wish I had bought one, or at the very least, taken a picture of them to show y'all what really good naughty chocolate looks like.

Friday night's performance was the best one out of the three; the audience laughed (loudly, too!) at all the right times and even groaned the one time they were supposed to. And being a part of the best audience performers could ever hope for, Chris wrote a little something something about the show that tugged at my heartstrings and made my inner vagina go Aw. And because he's silly and doesn't have perma-linking, I'll just paste his blurbie here.

Maybe each monologue is a wall, an incomplete wall bearing a mural about female experience. Each performer is building it up one brick at a time, bringing everyone one step closer to understanding. Maybe the wall will never be done until every single woman in the world adds herself to the Vagina Monologues. Maybe the secret to sharing lies in thoroughness and totality.

Check it out, behind that guffy exterior is a softie. Aw.