Tuesday, May 03, 2005
Catching My Breath

Sometimes I feel like playing hermit for a while. My week at home was spent in pseudo-anonymity; only a select few individuals knew I was there and so we got to hang out, but I didn't make it a point to tell everyone where I was. I have to admit that it was rather nice to sit at home for a few days and do nothing. The best part was that it felt like I didn't have to do anything. Sometimes the worst part about being stressed out is not doing the multitude of things that you have to do, it's just the knowing that you have so many things to do.

Now I'm alone in another city and there's barely anyone around so my hang out time is limited to the schedules of those lucky few who are still here. I miss the roomie and our conversations, but the me time (though it can get a bit lonely sometimes) should be good. I feel like I need to take things slow - the last handful of months have been emotionally and mentally draining with consequences that show themselves physically (weight fluctuations, angry skin, more frowning, less smiling, an often wrinkled brow) and I need a rest.

I'm looking forward to many relaxing movie nights (including the very exciting HGTTG - if you know what that stands for you're in my Cool Book) and hopefully lots of reading. Eventually I hope to finish cleaning and reorganizing my room, a project that I started two days ago. I'm spending more time on the phone these days, catching up with people and keeping up to date with Tanya. Though I fully appreciate our phone coversations, I really miss the random things she'd blurt out when she was bored. If you were to have (invisibly) walked into our house during the last year, it's likely that you would have heard some of the following:

I'm hungry.

Those pants make your butt look long.

Sometimes I feel like a nut!

I'm bored.

If I were an animal, what animal would I be?

Hm, you'd be a slug.

I'm hungry.

Come on, Stumps!

Yeah, I could be a kangaroo, you know, because of the hair colour.

You need a babushka.

I'm bored.

Oh look, the cat's going crazy again.

Witchy eee! Witchy eee!

I'm hungry.

But Tanya, my legs don't know how to be as long as your legs.

I'm hungry.