Friday, June 24, 2005
Big Girl Now

I know it's only been a week, but I'm seriously loving my new job (the love for Tour Managing is still strong though, don't you worry). Not only is this position right up my alley - it's organizational, detail oriented, and centers around event planning which I've adored since high school - it also has perks that makes me feel all growed up.

Checkit:

* I've got an office. With actual WALLS and a DOOR. I even have windows!

* I have an L-desk with my own computer (some of the software is even licensed to me - ME!) and a cushiony swivel chair with armrests!

* I get mail addressed to me! I love mail. Now I can get fuzzy I-love-mail feelings at work too.

* I have my own special work e-mail account AND my own phone extension. I got to record my voicemail message the other day and it took three tries before I got it just right. Nowadays I'm trying to figure out how to answer the phone in a professional way. Do you just say "Hello" or do you have to say your name so they know/are reminded of who they're talking to?

* I have an Inter-Office Telephone Directory. Cool.

* Yesterday I spent some of the afternoon cleaning out my office and desk. Let me repeat that: I spent some of the afternoon cleaning out MY OFFICE. I can't believe I actually have an office to clean!

Talk about way too awesome.