Monday, June 20, 2005
Holy Capers, I Forgot

I was tagged by Leah ages ago to do this music meme thing back at the beginning of June and I meant to...but then I got busy with leaving town and all. But now I'm back and I've got my entire CD library to reference for this thing even though I'm totally embarrassed to be doing this almost three weeks later. I will let you know right now that I've never done a meme before (do you 'do' a meme, or do you 'verb it' some other way?), so I might not play by the rules. Now that you know, let's begin, shall we?

The total volume of music files on my computer

Uhh, I did some quick adding and I have two figures that I don't know how to add together. So, there's a grand total of 66.76MB and 4.17KB. I think MB is bigger than KB but I don't know how to add them. I'm serious. About the adding and about how little music I have on my computer. I know, I know. Moreover, most of the music I have has been sent to me via various friends and exactly 26.3 of those MBs are from the Maroon 5 CD that I have that I ripped onto my computer to make a CD for a friend. Nothing is downloaded. Not that I have anything against downloading - I just don't have the software and am just lazy enough to not care about getting it. What can I say? I buy CDs. I'm old-school.

The last CD I bought

I think it was No Name Face by Lifehouse which I ordered off Amazon. Although, HMV was having a sale last week and I came this close to buying three White Stripes CDs, Coldplay, Norah Jones and some old Oasis that I don't own. My good sense and budget-minded self control got the better of me though.

Song playing right now

"Fall" by Something Corporate. It's not my favourite, but I've got the CD in so yeah, that's what's playing.

Five songs I listen to a lot or mean a lot to me, in no particular order

No way can I pick just five songs. So I'm not going to - ha!

Return to Innocence - Enigma
So Unsexy, That I Would Be Good, Flinch, That Particular Time, Utopia and and and - Alanis Morrisette
The Freshmen - The Verve Pipe
If You Could Only See - Tonic
A Movie Script Ending - Death Cab For Cutie
The First - Tegan and Sara
Red - Treble Charger
Fade Into You - Mazzy Star
The Good Life - Weezer
Step Into My Office Baby - Belle & Sebastian
The District Sleeps Alone Tonight - Postal Service
Hey Pretty - Poe
Supervixen, Only Happy When It Rains, Fix Me Now - Garbage
Ming Tran - Gob
Dreams, Linger - The Cranberries
She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5
That Song - Big Wreck
Stanley Climbfall, Sky Is Falling - Lifehouse
A Place In The Sun - Lit
Globes & Maps - Something Corporate
Miles Away - Goldfinger
Blower's Daughter - Damien Rice
Breakfast at Tiffany's - Deep Blue Something
(I've Had) The Time of My Life - Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes
Love Is Strange - Mickey & Sylvia
It Must Have Been Love - Roxette
Go West - Pet Shop Boys
Hey Ya - Outkast

...annnnnd I'm going to stop there. The list is getting way out of hand and by this point you can probably tell that my taste in music goes from interesting to weird to raise-your-eyebrow-and-say-huh? Besides, this isn't all or the only the music I like, this is just (some of) the stuff that has sentimental value. I listen to dance/trance/techno, hip-hop, punk, funk, classical, jazz, folk, soca, etc. Don't you try to pigeon-hole me!

Who I am tagging and why?

Well, who wants to be tagged? I honestly don't know who reads this thing anymore and who will actually respond to having been tagged, but I'll give this a try anyway. So Ashley, Laura, Jess, Laura and Jasolio, you're it. Y'all are cool and I figure your responses will be cool too.

w00t, done.

PS: What is a meme anyway? A survey that gets passed on?