Friday, June 17, 2005
Hrm

Okay, so my trip wasn't as perfect as I wanted it to be because what I thought was the Best Bus In The World is now just a bus. A Not So Hot Bus. And, my contract with Mother Nature apparently ran out on me. It started to rain three hours into the trip and it didn't stop until we were two hours from home. I do have to give Her credit for giving us mostly precipitation-less weather during our seven hours spent outside in Vieux Quebec though - schpanks for that. The downpour (one of many) came while we were waiting for our coach, so while we did get drenched to the bone, at least we were able to dry off with the soggy Subway napkins I found in my bag while warming up 'indoors'. My kids were troopers though - they made the best of it all despite wearing just t-shirts, skirts and flip-flops. Note to future students who go on overnight trips: check the weather report before you leave and pack accordingly!

During the week I've realized some important things, three of which are here for your reading pleasure: Finding a PG movie without any sort of swearing or sexual connotation is very difficult unless it's a Disney film; Kelly Clarkson is awesome because she makes the lyrics 'Yeah yeah' sound really good; and I think I want to change my name to Sabrina.

Good bye Quebec, I'll miss you!