Tuesday, June 28, 2005
On Second Thought

It is unbelievably hot and though I'm gross and sticky and tired in my non-air-conditioned house, all I can think about is how I'm not very happy with that last post. But because I'm hell bent on not deleting entries, I'm going to leave it up in all my unsatisfactoriness. Sooo...let's talk about something else.

Hum.

How to make me happy: Call me sometime in the late afternoon and randomly invite me to a multi-cultural festival. I LOVE FESTIVALS. And then tell me that I have three minutes to leave the house and run to the bus stop because the bus comes in - you guessed it - three minutes. I didn't even have time to put earrings in (I almost never leave the house without earrings) but I got there in time (running in two and half inch heels no less!) and there we were, one big happy bunch on the bus going to a festival. I have now added Croatian, Bosnian and Salvadorian to my list of Ethnic Foods That I've Eaten. I'm quite happy with how long it's getting. So yes, just take me to a place full of food, pretty yet funky jewellery and other eclecticy-type thingies and I'm set for the day.

I talked to my host in LA tonight and I'm uber excited now. If you have tips on Los Angeles or Orange County or California or the US in general, e-mail them my way! I have a huge list of things to do before I leave so the stress levels are upping again. This is not good news for my lower back which has been, for some reason, in unexplicable pain the last few days. I think I need a better chair in my office. That, or better posture.

I got crafty tonight and made a book/journal. It turned out alright though the binding needs a bit of work and it needs some prettying up. Overall, not bad for a first try.

And now, I go lie in my bed, as still as I can, so I can fall asleep and don't get hot. Good night.