Tuesday, August 30, 2005
How's It Going To Be

My weekend was filled with goodness, starting off with the famous Blog Party and finishing off with a dinner with none other than the Blog Party Creator Himself. To tell the truth, I wasn't too too excited to go to said party, but I'm super glad I did because it turned out to be a hella good time.

The first person to say hi to me was Captain Poultry aka Amy as I remember, and she was just as nice (maybe even nicer!) as the last time I saw her, five months ago back in March. I finally got to meet Kristen outside of class and we hit it off so quickly that we soon clambered up onto the stove and fridge and posed with wallpaper sashes as boys took pictures of us. Before we knew it, she and I, along with Jen were wallpapering the kitchen walls with crosses, hearts and smiley faces despite the fact that the boys who lived in the house were clearly moving out in five days.

Along with Miss Small Potatoes Tanya, the bunch of us girls had a wicked time with pigging out on Sra's home baked goods (yay for pretzel buns!) and taking Chris' old sheets and having a pompa - a very sudden and random toga party for those of you unversed in Latin unlike Tanya and I. We proceeded to dress up in his old clothes - baggy khakis and Adidas tear-aways, residence sweatshirts and oversized Fringe t-shirts. With turbans on our heads, we chilled out on the front lawn while I suckled my drink out of a jam jar and later, a BillyBee honey container.

THEN! An impromptu soccer game at one ay-em on the street during which I proved to Dave that my miserable athletic skills were more miserable in real life, and which was ended by a random man on a bicycle playing Neil Young on his guitar (which had a pen as a bridge). Kyle asked me to do film stuff for him one day (squeee!) and Scott couldn't stop giggling at my honey container of sloe gin. I saw and/or chatted with Laura, Carly, Regan, Dave, and Nicole. There were games that I missed out on, balloons that I was scared of, people I didn't get to meet or talk to, but overall, I had a blast AND went home with a free scanner. Basically, I arrived hesitant but went home happy. Squeee.