Friday, August 19, 2005
This Is

Adam and I have been seeing each other for a little over a month now. This is the same Adam that I stayed up a whole night with - we talked until four in the morning, went for a walk to get ice cream at a 24 hour Shoppers Drug Mart, goofed around in a Sobey's parking lot, went grocery shopping at five a.m., danced in the cheese aisle and when we finally went back to my place, he read me to sleep. While I took a quick forty-five minute nap, he was downstairs making cheesy spinach garlic pasta. And then he did the dishes. He always does the dishes.

This is the same Adam who I ordered pizza with at two in the morning and stayed up until five a.m. with watching Titanic. He told me bad jokes about cheese and put up with the fact that although it was sweltering hot, I wore socks and wanted a blankie for the movie.

This is the same Adam who called me a 'vivacious, luscious, curvaceous minx of seduction'. He said he liked seeing my darker, not-so happy side - it was like a mural he said. This is the same Adam who I went to the Sigma Chi Initiation Ball with. This is the same Adam for whom I rode across town in a taxi at five a.m. for. This is the same Adam who will teach me French and take me to his father's wedding in a couple of weeks. This is the same Adam who I've been seeing as often as I can since we met about a month and a week ago.

And yes, this is the same Adam whom I will be embarking on a little automotive adventure with this weekend. It starts tonight and a rental car will bring us to and from four different cities - we will see old friends, meet new friends, go on a walking tour, have a picnic lunch by the water, see two plays and enjoy each other before he up and leaves me for Montreal (it's okay, I'm not mad - Montreal is home, not another girl).

Le swoon. This is Adam.