Saturday, December 17, 2005
Ho Ho Ho Hum



I heart work because I got this Christmas card in the mail from one of the organizations we work with (my first ever corporate Christmas card - and it was addressed to ME! with a handwritten message too!), and a beautiful necklace from the ladies that I proudly wear everyday. I took that picture at night in my room without the flash and I can't even tell on this screen whether or not it's fuzzy or grainy, but I suspect it is. Whoops.

My last week on campus was spent much like this:

4 days in a computer lab on campus staring at a screen for about/at least 12 hours at a time. Lunches and dinners usually consisted of fries, pizza, burgers and cranberry juice. My eyebrows went untweezed, my nails went unclipped, my hair went unwashed and I went unshowered for much too long. My eyes hated me. I re-discovered that writing essays, papers or academic anything (despite how much I enjoy or am fascinated by the topic), is much like being constipated or trying to pass a kidney stone. It's not easy.

After exams were done (and I was lucky, with only two to write and thus being EXAM FREE at exactly 11:50am on the 13th!) I spent that very night shopping for ingredients and then making something that looked a little like this once it was all wrapped up (it was a surprise for the ladies at work):



I won't show you what it is yet since this computer is craptacular and I can't see the quality of my own photos, but I do really want to post them eventually because, hey, I'm a show-off.

Wednesday was fantastic becaue I was super productive at work despite not meeting my goal for the end of the day (gar, short by just 3 confirmations!!), then to the bank, and then to a Fringe meeting to meet my new cast for the festival this year! I'm super excited about being casted, on stage again and I absolutely LURVE my character. She's sarcastic, intelligent, crude, biting, grungy and she swears. A lot. How's that for superawesome?? Then off to buy tickets for Metric (yes, they're coming to town and I nearly wet myself when I found out), a nice walk to the bulk food store, home to cook a yummy and nutritious dinner (sweet chili chicken, veggies and rice), and then I sat on the couch by our beautiful Christmas tree and read my script with jazz playing softly in the background. I know, add 'pick up the dry cleaning' into that list and I'm totally a middle-aged woman.

Wanna see what I did with my purchases at the bulk food store? Yes you do!

Before:



After:



So, I'm either a middle-aged woman, or just a supercool 21 year old gal who makes gingerbread people and leaves a bowlful of holiday gummies for her roomies. I've named them The Fam. Sheila is the pretty one in the top left corner with her boobs showing (notice the nipple detail!) in the M&M skirt, and her friend is the not-so-attractive one in the middle with the sprinkle dress and her boobs and nipples showing as well. There's Pierre at bottom center, the cool French dude with the beret and his weird, bloodshot-eyed, Halloween-flower-wearing friend Jacques, also in a beret. There's one who reminds me of the 7Up logo-character, No Face Guy up top who coincidentally also has no real personality, and the others. One of them has a sprinkle fro. I lurve them. Then I fed them to my friends.

I'm at home now in M-town and since I've been back, I've eaten more junk food than I have all month (no, I didn't have a SINGLE ONE of those gingerbread cookies! Aren't you proud?), wished repeatedly that I brought home more mini candycanes, went Christmas shopping for 8 hours and spent about $200 (that's quite a bit on a student budget I think) and I'm only halfway through my list!

I'm currently spending my time worrying about the loose ends I didn't tie up before leaving town: there's chicken in the fridge that needs to be put in the freezer, Distance Ed CDs and DVDs that need to be returned unless I want to be charged $55, work stuff, and a ski jacket that needs picking up because though I haven't been skiing since I was 13, we're apparently going skiing this year. Go figure. I've spent the last little while making phone calls, leaving and sending messages and generally being anxious about all of it. I've got a full two weeks ahead of me here (two sessions at two different spas, shopping, seeing friends, a holiday parade, The Nutcracker, family time, CHRISTMAS, shopping, skiing, breathing, more friends and family time, dinners, film making, relaxing and the drive back to school), so I'd better get rested up for all of it.

G'night y'all.