Monday, December 26, 2005
Oh Yeah. Merry Christmas.

Last night we had our annual family gathering meets holiday dinner and it was a ton of fun. I know I sounded super crabby before, but I do lurve my family, especially when we're all together and having a good time. Christmas doesn't really excite me much anymore, other than the fact that it means my whole family is crammed into my parents' house for an evening doing nothing but eating, drinking and being merry. The only time I really enjoy loud noise is when it's caused by all of us laughing and yelling and the general din in the house makes my heart smile. There were 13 people in the house last night, 50+ presents (of which I wrapped 30+!), 9 different dishes to eat, 8 bottles of wine, 4 cameras, 3 cakes for dessert, 2 Santa hats, one video camera and one bunny.

The Christmas tree that we've had for 10+ years, and it's still going strong (note the tacky glowing ornamental light fixture thingy from the 80's at the top):

 

The Christmas tree with all the presents underneath (from three different angles)! That's about three families' worth of gifts, but I have to admit, it's so consumerist it's slightly grotesque. Yay Christmas!

 


PRESENTS! Again, from three different angles:

 


Remember how I said I'd have no one, that I come alone, that I'm alonelonelone? Not anymore! BUNNY!!!

 

I love this bunny. It belongs to my cousins and is named Iced Capp. The good thing about a gross amount of presents is that their car was so filled at the end of the night that they didn't really have room in the car for the cage, so the bunny's now with me for a few days. BUNNY!!!

And finally, another one of the yes-it's-completely-necessary Me n' Ornament shots: