Tuesday, December 20, 2005
Sloth



Since I've been home, I've been spending my time watching holiday movies, eating, taking pictures of myself in ornaments, getting pampered (got a facial today and am heading to another spa tomorrow), AND I've eaten a total of about 3/4 of a tub of ice cream...

in two sittings.

At least I managed to squeeze in some variety: Turtles, Vanilla AND Orange Creamsicle. During those two let's-make-me-fat sessions, I was eating said ice cream straight out of the tub, while sitting in front of the television. Session One: 6.5 hours of TV and Session Two: 4.5 hours.

I know. You can just go ahead and shoot me now.

Or not. Okay, the way I see it, this is all just making up for the lack of ice cream eating and the lack of television watching that I do when I'm at school in the Loo. I don't buy snackie foods, junk foods, carbonated drinks or even juice. I drink water and cook my meals (unless it's stress time and I eat fast food). I've made TWO whole gingerbread houses and TWELVE gingerbread people and I didn't eat a one of them. I don't watch TV to the point where I see reason to opt out of paying the cable bill. My eyes get ruined enough by the computer screen anyway. See, I'm a good girl! Now that I'm home I can misbehave.



But not all the time. When I'm not being slovenly in front of the moving pictures box, I'm being active. By going shopping. I've been to a mall (or two) three out of the four days that I've been home and I've spent so much that I don't dare check my balance, lest I burst into tears upon seeing the three digit total. At least they're all presents that will make other people happy. My parents have also put me to work as the wrapping girl. I've boxed and/or wrapped 12 gifts so far and you can bet your bum that there's at least 12 more to come. The floor of my room is littered with presents, tubes of wrapping paper, rolls of tape, boxes, scissors, tissue paper...you name it. Whee.