Saturday, December 10, 2005
Souvenirs From Better Times

I should be doing reading right now for a paper I want done by tomorrow, but I was doing a bit of procrastinating and started reading over some old emails. I came across a bunch that were sent over the summer of 2002; before, after, and while I was at a conference in Atlanta (yeah, I'm big on week-long-slightly-educational-conferences-held-in-the-US). Reading through all of them really made my heart smile for they reminded me of a time when things were simple and joyful - when summers were filled with fun and friends. Then again, that sounds an awful lot like this past summer, but things are just that much rosier when they're remembered from way back when. I've posted one of my favourites here. It includes 11 three word sentences, 6 faces made with = ; and ), lots of exclamation marks, one "I miss you", one "I'm missing you over here", one "Please come back" and one greeting in Latin.

---

Subject: =)
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002

garius shirlibus

I'm SO glad to hear from you. Sounds like you're having a barrelful of fun. Its 1:00 am right now, I don't wanna sleep again =( I'm sorry I didn't call before you left... but I don't remember what I was doing. I hate sleep. But I should. My summer's started. ;) I've been playing loads of warcraft all week. Say "hi" to Megan. Even if I will never do that for you =) I'm so glad you're enjoying yourself. When do you come back again? I'm missing you over here. MIB wasn't all that great. I'm going to Weezer next Sunday. I'm going to Weezer!!!! Weezer is going to be my first concert!!! wooo. I think I'm getting my G1 sometime this week too. I'm still being convinced that I need a job. I do kinda startin' to need money. I'm so bored. I hate sleep. Please come back. My mom's sick. She's getting her gastrosectomy or somethin' this week for her colon or something. Or would that then be colonsect.. nevermind. I'm never going to get around to mailing something to England, I don't know what to say. Golly heck can't ramble like this to her ;) I miss you. I quit guitar lessons, today was my last one. Still haven't seen powerpuff girls yet. I'm a wreck. Took a big nap today. Sleep sucks. Are you learning anything over there? Don't, just have fun =) Are you seeing everyone you want to? I should sleep. I need to get out of the house. Argh. Okay! =) Have fun. I stop now.

Love ya,
Gary

---

You know how certain people can just make you feel...happy?

Yeah. Like that.