Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Go Me

Though I'm totally and desperately exhausted and lonely, I have some good news.

I'll keep it short and sweet because, well, I'm exhausted. Tomorrow my parents are coming to town for the afternoon and evening. This is a very rare happening and the last time they visited me as a pair was January of 2005 at around this exact same time. Let me stress this: Unless they are driving me back (ie: dropping me off without staying for any meals, etc.), my parents do.not. visit me. Unless it's a day like last January or tomorrow. Ooh, the curiosity, it burns doesn't it?

They're coming for the Faculty of Arts' annual award ceremony because their lovely daughter (yours truly (me)) has been honoured with an award and a scholarship, totalling almost enough to cover all of my tuition for the semester. Wahoo.

My trappings:

Ross and Doris Dixon Special Needs Volunteer Award
Full-time undergraduate or graduate students who contribute a minimum of 34 volunteer hours per academic year (2 terms) to the Accessible Learning Office. Established by Ross and Doris Dixon to recognize the important role that volunteers play in creating a positive environment for students with special needs; candidates will be judged on both the quantity and quality of their voluntary contribution.

Lorna R Marsden Scholarship Fund
Full-time undergraduate students in Year 3 in the Department of Sociology who have made a difference to the intellectual and/or social life of the department, the campus or the community. Established to honour the appointment of Dr Lorna Marsden as president of Laurier in 1992.

w00t.