Saturday, January 07, 2006
Self Love

Believe this:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, “Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?”

Actually, who are you not to be?

Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. You are born to make manifest the glory that is within you. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.


---

Hey Shunshine,

I just read your blog and wanted to let you know that
a) at no point in time did hit myself in the head
b) I didn't stop reading because it was depressing
c) I never felt your writings to be anything more than pure, unexaggerated human experience.

We all go through sucky stuff, and the fact that you can sit and write about it in a honest and frank manner makes me love reading it. I love that you're a real person with real woes and you don't just write about stupid happy fluff because that is what people might like reading. I can relate to your feelings as well as your perspective and THAT is why you are an amazing person who is going to do AMAZING things in life. So, if anyone tries to say otherwise, then you just direct them to me. I'll be happy to inform them of their mistake, (while holding a very big baseball bat.)

SMOOCHES!!!
Moonshine

---

You are great.

Will

---

It's been too long Shirl - I miss you a whole lot.
YOU ARE FAB!!!!
You need to publish your blog - I totally love it.

m.

---

I just wanted to drop you a line and say that I really enjoyed reading your blog. It's beautifly written with a perspective that everyone shares, yet rarely express. Well done.

---

i think you're absolutely fantastic and probably the most intelligent
woman i know - if there's anything i can ever do for you -- pick you
up some bright peppers or anything at all -- please don't hesitate to
ask. and in the event you forget how fabulous you are...give me a call
and i'll remind you.