Friday, March 24, 2006
A Belated Fr!nge Recap

When I'm not being tardy with my update-type posts, I can be an angel. See? Blurry, but still angelic, yes?



So, the play went well. At least, in the eyes of the cast and crew involved. I kind of wish I wrote about it directly after the Fringe Fest was over, or after opening night when I came home elated because our performance went so well. I've kind of lost that lovin' feeling since then, but oh well, I try.

Pre-Show: The Cast & Crew

 
 

Some good bits: We got lots of compliments and many wonderful things were said to us after each of the shows. People/friends/strangers came up to us right afterwards, while we were cleaning the stage etc. and that was nice, becuase being showered with compliments is always...nice.

Show: Me as The Foul-Mouthed Street-Kid Turned Angel-Muse

 
 
 

A man in a beret came up to me on Thursday night and started chatting about art and artists and theater and all sorts of random things. I eventually tuned out which I felt bad for afterwards because I found out he was something of a talent scout. Whoopsies. I got his card and I've since gotten in touch to see what he's up to and of course, to apologize for my stupid-rudeness. My two favourite parts were when I found out that we made a boy cry four times (a boy! cry! four times!) and when the man in the beret said, "I wish you guys were a band so I could buy your CD." Cutest and best compliment ever.

Post-Show: The Players

 

And of course, I can never forget the friends who came to the show. Thanks peeps. I know I said thank you for coming a gazillion times and such, but your support means a lot to me, especially during a time when many were giving excuses left right and center about being too busy, which is fine because things do get busy, but I heart the ones who came because y'all made it a priority. Schpanks.


Fin.