Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Some Perspective

Tonight, I went to a lecture given by Margaret Trudeau on WaterCan, a charity organization that helps provide clean drinking water to developing countries (they're currently supporting projects in Africa, and they've got a bit of a cameo in one of my much-loved movies, Millions). I came home thinking, Man, if the worst of my problems are boys and deadlines for essays, I've got it pretty easy.

I love little lectures like this. They remind me of a time not too long ago when all I wanted to do was work for Doctors Without Borders or CIDA or the Cancer Society - when all I wanted to do was help people (I'm thinking/hoping that it's still true). Not only do attending these lectures outside of class make me feel like a 'real' university student when I go to them, I always leave feeling a bit more human every time.