Thursday, April 06, 2006
Phew

Hi peeps.

I'm fine now. Emotional breakdown not quite averted, but at least it's over. Sometimes a girl just needs a good sob. It helped that I hadn't slept in three days, was leading a tour of 100+ people around a city that I hadn't visited in almost a year, was stressed to the max about a paper that was eaten by a stupid hotel computer, was freaking out over the fact that said paper was late (yet again) for a class and was broken hearted over saying goodbye to a friend. I can now say that I've officially cried in one of the fanciest hotels in Quebec City. Melodrama much? I can't wait for my life to get out of teenage-soap-opera mode.

Not only that, but I had also a bill of $132.84 to deal with when I checked out because I had spent $74.70 on computer access and $58.14 on long distance calls. When I hand in this mother of an essay tonight, I can say to my professor that I cared so much about it that not only did I work on it while I was away on tour, but that I also spent all of the scheduled free/shopping time on the hotel lobby computer, stayed up until the wee hours of the morning writing while everyone was asleep (getting only 3 hours of sleep and yet I was still there at 7am to meet them for breakfast), dealt with losing my work somewhere in the depths of a stupid machine, endured a stress/anxiety attack and breakdown for it, and spent SEVENTY FIVE DOLLARS to write it. $75 on a research paper people. Do I care about this or what?

And to the girls who kept me calm and listened to my ranting while I sobbed into the phone incoherently: *small smile* Thanks.

So from now until the 12th at 8:30pm, I'm not allowed to breathe.

Tonight at 12:00am - Paper due
Saturday at 2:00pm - Paper due, Exam
Monday at 4:30pm - Take home final due
Tuesday at 1:00pm - Take home final due
Wednesday at 6:30pm - Exam

Phew.